Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old May 30, 2006, 11:04 AM   #1

I have been trying to get the printer pool utility in WinXP to work when I use Qimage
but only one printer works at a time because Qimage does not release the images to the printer pool when I select print, what can I do so that the printer pool will work
minkynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 1:50 PM   #2

Qimage will release the print whenever it is finished processing it. If Qimage's processing is slower than your print pooling, then you have no need for print pooling! Of course, there are many things you can do to speed up processing in Qimage depending on the interpolation options you choose, but like any program, Qimage will need to process the files before they get printed.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:13 AM   #3

As I print on site, using winxp printer pool utility is critical in my work flow, I have tried everything to get Qimage to print simultaneously to more than one printer, so far all of this has failed, so I shall have to give up using Qimage and use photoshop to do the printing. I am not happy doing this because the Qimage drag and drop system to get prints into packages is far better and easier

Rs
minkynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:48 PM   #4

Only problem is, PhotoShop cannot print to but one printer at a time too, so I think all you are seeing is a difference in processing time. PhotoShop prints faster because it is basically doing nothing. Qimage prints slower because it is processing the print and if you have the interpolation turned on, it will produce a larger spool file which can cause the driver to take longer to release the job. Other than that, both Qimage and PhotoShop "feed" the printer exactly the same way.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 1:31 PM   #5

I use qimage with a printer pool at events, make sure that you set qimage to spool 1 page at a time (interpolation settings) or 'Spool with time delay'.
I also have interpolation turned off for my 5x7 and 8x10 prints (speeds up printing)
Hope this helps
Chris
Chris_L is offline   Reply With Quote