Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:07 PM   #1

V2006.278 appears to have a problem that i never experienced before. From Qimage, I set the printer properties (Canon i960) to 4X6 paper, with borderless left unchecked. The legend above the preview reads 5.684 X 3.731. Yet, if i go to the editor, cropping reads 6 X 4, even if i try to type in new numbers. If I click print, and ignore the poster warning, Qimage wants to print 4 extra prints with little pieces of the border. I have tried print to actual size, cropping switch up/down...nothing seems to help.

Also, when i am first loading a photo on the que, it sometimes mysteriously is in the wrong orientation. The rotate arrows will not correct it. The only solution seems to be to shut down the program and then try again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bruce B
jbruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:31 AM   #2

If your page shows 5.684 x 3.731 and you use 6x4 as your print size, you've already specified that you want a poster because the print size you specified will not fit on one page. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but if you just want to print a print on one page, you'll have to select a print size no larger than the printable area on the page. To do that, click the "Custom" print size button and then "Fit to Page".

For the second question on orientation, I'd need a specific example of where the orientation is different. I don't have enough info to try to track anything down as there are many, many options in Qimage that could affect this.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:28 PM   #3

Thanks Mike. The fit to page option seemed to correct the problems. I guess that there is no relationship between fit to page and the cropping function on the editor; I can't figure out how to use the cropping function. When you use fit to page Qimage does some cropping, and I would expect those numbers to be automatically updated on the editor page, but they are not.

Finally got the rotate buttons to do something by fooling around with the setting choices, but I couldn't tell you what i did.

Thanks for your quick help!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:24 AM   #4

I'm not sure what you mean when you use generic terms like "the editor". Regardless of what size you are using, if there is any crop at all on your print, you can adjust it using the full page editor. Just click the full page editor button and click the "Cropping" button on the right.

Mike
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:48 PM   #5

By "the editor" of course i mean the full page editor... there isn't any other editor in Qimage, is there? My problem was that the dimensions shown on the preview, such as 3.731 x 5.684 were not picked up by the full page editor, which might insist on showing 4 X 6 on the cropping button , no matter what you typed into the actual box.

Bruce
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:42 PM   #6

Some people say "the editor" when they mean the batch filter. Others say "editor" when they mean the page editor. I wanted to make sure you weren't trying to crop in the batch filter which essentially is an image "editor". I don't understand why you'd be typing anything to crop a print. If you set the print size to 3.731 x 5.684, your print size will be 3.731 x 5.684 and that size will be displayed in the page editor. If you want to adjust the crop, you click on the "Cropping" button and then drag the image around in the small window and/or use the zoom lever to move in/out. Typing numbers isn't necessary: your print is already fit to the page at 3.731 x 5.684 which is the printable area for a Canon printer running 4x6 paper without borderless mode turned on.

Mike
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:55 PM   #7

I never thought of dragging the image around to crop it, but that sure makes it easy. i thought that you had to type new numbers on the cropping button. Thanks for the explanation.

Bruce