Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:42 AM   #1

I'm trying out QImage to print a 22x62inch (with 1 inch border) image on my epson 9600. I am on XP with 1 gig of Ram.

A few days ago I tried to print this exact same image. I got to about 27 inches when I realised the roll of canvas I was using was about to run out, so I cancelled the job and ordered another roll of canvas.

Now when I try to print the exact same job the printer gets to roughly 13 inches and the printer gives me a 'paper out' error? I find this odd when I printed nearly 30 inches just a few days ago without any problems?

Can anyone advise as to why this may be happening? Is this perhaps limits set on the demo or something?
Fuzquia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:57 AM   #2

The demo doesn't have any "invisible" limits that would cause you to waste paper like that. You may want to read my article here at Steve's:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techc...uary_2006.html

If you are using the latest version of Qimage and you continue to have trouble, you may want to click "Edit", "Preferences", "Printing Options", and change the spool format from "EMF" to "RAW". If you turn on print preview in the driver, you can easily test this without wasting paper in most cases, that is, if there isn't a physical problem with the printer itself.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:29 AM   #3

I'll try that then and change the spool format. I do already have the 'print preview' option on and the image shows fine in the preview, its only when its printing that it stops after so far and asks to reload paper.

Would a lack of memory cause this problem? Simply causing a system overload?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:18 AM   #4

This sounds more like a physical problem with the printer. The printer should certainly be printing whatever the print preview shows. If not, there's a dislink between the driver and the printer. How much disk space do you have available? A print that large could take several gigabytes of hard drive space to spool.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:53 AM   #5

Hi sorry not been online for a while.

Hard drive space is well over 200gb spare, ram memory is 1gb with virtual memory set to 4gb.

I think it was pretty much a memory thing as my system was also freezing up. Got matched pair of 1gb memory sticks on order now o hopefully that will help!

Although I re-run the print after re-boot and it printed no problem! very strange!

Thanks for help...