Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Jun 5, 2003, 4:53 AM   #1

Default Camera control w/ scripting capability sought

I (presently) use a Nikon Cp995 to shoot panoramas of building interiors. One of the issues I want to solve is high image contrast. The usual solution would be to use exposure bracketing.

However, If I shoot panoramas, a crucial requirement is to use exactly the same exposure for every shot. If I were to use bracketing, I would need to use exactly identical exposure settings for every single (partial) shot of the panorama - a typical application for script-based control sequences.

Does anyone know of a remote control software/device that is capable of scriping-based operation?
arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2003, 11:06 PM   #2

While the protocol used to control the cameras (i.e. 995) via the serial port is pretty flexible, the 995 and most other cameras do not support cirect control over the exposure (i.e. shutter speed / Fstop). This is very frustrating, but a fact all the same. It's possible to control the exposure compensation (bracketing), but not the exposure itself.

I'm considering adding a scripting feature to the next generation of the DigiSnap 3000, but so far there aren't any controllers that I'm aware of that do that.
Harbortronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 1:32 AM   #3

Default Canon

I think Canon's remote capture software might be worth a look at.

claims to allow full control of the camera, down a USB line, inclusing remote viewing.

haven't got mine yet, so can't say much more.
iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:47 AM   #4

There is an unofficial firmware update available for the canon cameras particularly i have checked with S3IS and works like a charm

it has scripting and much much more

try

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

and what is more it doesnt update the firmware in the camera but runs off the SD Card
ntstatic is offline   Reply With Quote