Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Mar 30, 2008, 4:01 PM   #1

I'm trying to find a way to continuously shoot pictures using Canon SDK.

If I simply "loop" the Release function, the interval is about 3-4 seconds: this is not enough for my application. So, I want to make use of the the continuous shooting mode with which we can usually take multiple photos per second.

I tried using CDSDK 7.3 and PS-ReCSDK 1.1.0d. The former does not seem to have a function to set the camera to thecontinuous shooting mode. The latter has a function named PR_SetDevicePropValue which accepts the propertycode prPTP_DEV_PROP_DRIVE_MODE and value 0x01 for "Continuous Shooting". It, however, causes a "not supported" error with PowerShot G9.

Note that live view mode does not satisfy my needs because of the resolution.

Does anybody know whether this problem is due to the camera model (in that case, I can switch the camera model from G9) or whether I should use a different SDK or whether it is impossible after all?

Thank you for your help in advance!

- Koji
koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:43 AM   #2

Hi

I would guess that camera cant do faster than 3-4 sec. Images has to go somewhere before a new one :-). Actually 3-4 sec is fastest that i know about.

You would need something like Canon 5D and there you would have a new problem because images are huge and.... Perhaps if you had 8gigabytes of CF and camera would store images there?

No solution ready for this sorry..
karhukamera is offline   Reply With Quote