Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old May 27, 2008, 5:35 AM   #1
zkv

Hello!

I applied with my question in technical support of most of famous manufacturers of digital cameras (Nikon, Olympus, Sony etc.), but everything points to the fact that supports there are incompetent in this area. May be here someone knows subject better.

I used digital cameras Canon Powershot (A620, A640, G7, G9, S5 IS) for a working with microscopes for a long time. But now I am obliged to find alternate model of another manufacturer, main reason of it is announcement of Canon about stopping developing the PowerShot SDK. So, is it analogue of this models of another manufacturers? May be it is better one?

I need for next features:
  • c-mount is desirable (for a fastening to microscope), as a last resort something like it (e.g. Canon's bayonet).[/*]
  • SDK (Software Developer Kit) for development software for operating systems Windows family (obligatory), and it is desirable for Linux and/or Mac (I found old article here: http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/ about control Nikon coolpix cameras under Win and nix, but it isn't clear what is it now). Kit must be available to capture preview, manage settings of camera, make shapshots.
    Availability for capturng video is desirable.
    [/*]
  • Matrix at least 8MPix.[/*]
  • Price near 250-400 EUR. High limit - 500 EUR.[/*]
It is not necessary for me to get high-qualitative photos. It is important realization of requirements that stated above.
Probably SLR cameras don't fit, because high price.

Is some digital camera model with open specification for driver software development?
May be it is some open-source drivers for it?

Thank you for your attention.
Excuse me for my bad English.
zkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links