Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:15 AM   #1

Default Olympus remote control software?

Hi all,

I have a Canon camera myself and have used both the Remote Control software and the excellent PSRemote software to control it via my PC.

Is there anything similar for Olympus cameras? The specific model of the camera I am thinking of is C-700.

I've searched a bunch on the web, but all the "remote capture" searches take me to Canon's site.

Thanks in advance...
Bard09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:52 AM   #2
lg

Check out the software section of Steve's board. There's one by Pine Tree Computing I downloaded that looks very promising.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 9:17 PM   #3

There are two free software controllers that can be downloaded for use in controlling a number of Olympus cameras over USB. One is Pine Tree and the other is Cam2Com.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:02 AM   #4

Please look at www.akond.ru for the information on inPhoto Olympus camera control software.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:46 PM   #5

I have been running Pine Tree computing Camera Controller for A few weeks now and am very impressed with the program. On the initial install Ihad made an error with the configuration and was unable to get the program working. After manyfrustratinghours I decided to call for support. I was quitesurprised at the amount of time Michael Cochran, the developer of this program spent helping me get up and operational. The program is running great and dose exactly what I wanted. I know there are many free control programs out there but the supportI received from Michael was well worth the $25 for theregistered program, and think it's worth much more than it's modest price. I have sense purchased his compression program and an looking forward to more of his work. If you are in need of A software tool like this I don't think you will find A better program out there.
frozenstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:00 PM   #6

Hi there,

Yes there is a free program that can let you control various Olympus model cameras.

Not only will it take images but it can do a variety of other useful functions including uploading images automatically to the Web via FTP.

Here's a look at the software running:

This is the same software they currently used professionally sold products and is offered free to the imaging community.

SO you can see the high quality of this software here are some nice beach and shoreline sitesbeing documentedwith this software. These cams all use the Olympus C-5060.

Click Here Beach and Shoreline Olympus webcams

Click Hereto download Free Software

EVS_Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote