Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old May 19, 2004, 2:45 AM   #1

Hi, first time posting on this forum, been browsing for a while - and there is really a lot of information for everyone new to digicams!

I am to buy a Canon A75 (I think), due to its price, manual controls and the Remote Capture function . But I cant seem to find out exactly what settings on A75 I can control from the computer with RC. In reviews the description is more general, and in the RC program the A75 is not yet included.

Does anyone know? What settings is is possible to control or, rather, what settings is it not possible to control from the computer - and if some is not controllable, can they still be set on the camera, while on RC?

Thanks,Freski

freski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2004, 1:33 AM   #2

Hi, freski. I know it's been a while since you posted, but I think I know the answer to your question! I am looking to buy an A80 and I am pretty sure that everything from exposure to white balance can be controlled by computer. I am not positive, but I know that I saw the information somewhere...

Good Luck

Mike
DrDictionary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:54 AM   #3

The followingwill answer your question.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/a75.html
twcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 5:55 PM   #4

Hi. I find out myself now, just bought the camera - and to my great pleasure you can control virtually everything from the comp, including the manual mode (ap + shutter speed), which I wasn't sure of from Steves review of the A75.

Freski

freski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:50 AM   #5

Hi freski,

Thanks for letting us know. Can you do me a favour and let me know which version
of remote capture comes with the A75? . Just go to help - about in the RC program.

I have been using version 2.7.3.23 (PC) with my canon A70. My A70 is being repaired
at the moment and may take up to 4 weeks so I am considering purchasing another
canon powershot as a back up. The remote capture SW for the A70 may be different
than the A75 and it would be a pain swapping software. By the way does anybody
know what version the A80 runs on or whether there is a common upgrade?(PC)

Another thing I might mention about tha A70's Remote capture is you don't have much
control with flash settings. - The flash will not sync under 1/60 of a second.
You can manually control the Ap + shutter speed with the A70 no problem.

Sirduck
Sirduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 7:57 AM   #6

:sad:I've been trying to get my Canon A75 to work remotely from the PC. No joy. It says the camera is not connected (when it is!). The 300D works OK. Anyone suggest why A75 isn't working this way? Grateful for any views.
Arcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Administrator

On the same computer? Probably a software driver problem. I don't think that Canon expects more than one type of camera to be used by Remote Capture. Might want to uninstall the software and install the software that came with A75.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:09 AM   #8

inPhoto Canon TWAIN driverfrom Akondcan control Canon Powershot cameras including this model. Best, Alla