Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:30 PM   #1

Using the canon SDK. How can I set the white balance from a memorized setting (i.e. by recalling one that I saved using a custom shooting mode by calibrating one using a white piece of paper)? I don't want it to use the "auto white balance" feature. The only work around that I found is using the sub routines to do post processing developing of the raw image. That means I have to transfer the huge raw image to my pc and then apply the custom white balance to it. That is very time consuming, considering I want to use this camera in a production line. P.s. my camera is a G5.
zodiacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:15 PM   #2

Hi. Which version of the SDK do you have? I got the new Canon SDK 7 from Canon. But unfortunately canon has removed support for Visual Basic from this SDK version. If you have SDK version 6 (which canon tells me supports VB), can you please email it to me at anam @ bol-online .dot. com . Help will really be appreciated.
anam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 5:10 PM   #3

sorry for the very late response :roll: but canon should send you one if you fill out their sdk request form.
zodiacal is offline   Reply With Quote