Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:36 PM   #1

I'm trying to read JPG images stored on the hard drive after a remote capture, but I want the data in bitmap format (uncompressed, 24-bit) for processing. Unfortunately, all I've been able to get from the Canon SDK is the JPG data itself: First, using CDMakeImageItem to reference the disk file, CDOpenImage to open it, CDGetPicture to get the reference to the image data, then a memory stream to retrieve the bytes from GetImageData. Which turn out to be JPG-compressed. Everything else works fine--reading the image metadata gives the correct dimensions and everything so I know it's working up to that point.

The SDK docs comment that the "Image data is sent in its original format without being converted (developed)," and references CDGetDevelopedImageData to solve this.

Unfortunately, this function is referenced nowhere in the SDK headers, except as a comment! Was this function removed in SDK 7.0? Does anyone know of an alternate way to load a JPG from disk through the SDK in order to get a standard 24-bit image? (e.g., if the image is 2048x1536, the image buffer will be 9,437,184 bytes.)

Thanks,

Sean O'Malley,
http://www.cs.uh.edu/~somalley/hdri_images.html
squidfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:38 PM   #2

Problem solved.

Grabbed a JPG library off the internet, though I can still use the Canon utilities if I ever need to grab EXIF info easily. I used the JPG library to make an automatic high dynamic range image compiler, for those interested it can be found at http://www.cs.uh.edu/~somalley/hdri_images.html#ahdric

Sean
squidfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 2:16 AM   #3

All the raw stuff has been moved into a separate sdk in v7

The "RAW Development SDK"

planir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:52 PM   #4

:?How can to Get the Development SDK of Canon PowerShot G5(RemoteCapture)?

Would you send me?

Thanks!

my Email: liyc@mail.cqzkb.gov.cn
lycwgwy is offline   Reply With Quote