Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Nov 25, 2002, 11:54 AM   #1

Default Sports event photography

[This forum isn't getting much use... perhaps I'll start posting some generic Q&A that I handle]

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Digital camera remote control

> Dear Sir
>
> I have obtained your details from your website.
>
> I am looking for a lightweight system to fire the shutter of a digital camera (we can buy one to suit) by remote control. The range needs to be up to 15 metres (50 feet) and we are not in a position to use a cable. A radio remote seems the most effective solution.
>
> I am sure I can make a working unit using my existing 'Quantum' radio remote connected to the right points on your circuit board (as described on your website) but it would be much better if I could simply purchase a working unit (in the end we need 3 or 4 units).
>
> Can you help?
>

The DigiSnap 2200 might be the best solution. It has an external trigger input built in via a 3.5mm jack. I know it works well with the Pocket Wizard RF slaves... will probably work with the Quantum as well. For sports work, you may appreciate the FastSnap feature of the 2200.... after each shot, the DigiSnap cycles the camera back into the 'Falf-Press' state, where it prepares to take the picture, so that the next time the DigiSnap is triggered, the picture is take with very little delay.

As far as camera, we always recommend the Nikon Coolpix cameras for remote control work, as they have the most features available, and have been well tested with the DigiSnap. The compatible models for FastSnap are: Coolpix 880, 990, 995, 4300, 4500, 5000, 5700.

I hope this helps!

Mark
Harbortronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links