Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old May 27, 2005, 4:11 AM   #1

Hello,

I'm looking for a camera that alows me to take photos using remote control. Now we are using a powershot a400 and the Canon SDK but our problem is that when we the camera powers off there is no way to power on the camera using remote control.

We though in take the signal that gives the power on button but it goes directly to a printed circuit board and it quite complicated to use.

Anybody knows any camera that allows to remote control the camera and power on /power off the camera too.

Thanks & happy weekend.
mijelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2

I asked the same question a few months ago and nobody seemed to be able to come up with an IR remote that will wake a camera once it goes to sleep. There were suggestions for cable remotes that would work.

The remote on my Olympus has an "On" button, but it doesn't work for my C50. Since the button is there is would assume it works on some models – it is a universal remote for Oly cameras. You might ask some of the folks on the Oly board if they have a model that the on button will wake the camera.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:27 AM   #3

Try doing ths

Keep the power button depressed at all times - as you are ready to fiddle wit the camera internally this should not be a problem - i usually stick ina small piece of pvc sheet. Now when you apply power the camera should start ON

It works on many olympus cameras, at least one canon camera sx 100

the powershot s3IS and s5Is do not require this as they turn on automatically when connected to the computer USB

ntstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:22 AM   #4

Olympus SP-350 would be my choice. Cheap and reliable - will power on when usb connected.

--Mikko
karhukamera is offline   Reply With Quote