Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:14 AM   #1

Hi I'm new here so firstly Hello

I currently have a Canon 1D Mrk II whichI run with the remote capture software via 10m Firewire cable. this works well but I am looking for a live feed, I also have a 300D but this does not support firewire. Can I use a Canon G6 with this software? Can I use it via USB? I have asked at several camera shops & Canon themselves without sucess!!

Thanks for the help

essexlandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:28 PM   #2

Hi, Essexlandy-
(My first post to this group also!)
The Canon CameraWindow software installs ZoomBrowserEx and RemoteCapture as part of the "Solution Disk" CD included with the G6. (You can only start RemoteCapture from ZoomBrowser.) The RemoteCapture software works fine with my USB1.1
Hope this helps.
DonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:03 AM   #3

Hi,

inPhoto Canon software (TWAIN driver) provides an ability to control Canon PowerShot cameras from PC with live preview at 320x240. Alla
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:53 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies not been on here for a while!! I got the G6 and it does just what I need with the supplied software.
essexlandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:35 AM   #5

You might look at Breeze systems PSR Remote. It is a little more robust and stable than ZoomBrowser.
mspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:57 PM   #6

Depends on how remote you want to be. Instead of controlling my G6 via computer, I use an R/C radio and the GentLED IR control for zoom and shutter release. Coupled with pan and tilt servos also controlled by the radio and video out to a small TV, it does about everything I require.

Also, look at http://www.elevatedphotos.com/ There is an interesting video on the page. Very pricey stuff but you will see they are using a G6 and Breeze PSR Remote, even if they try to give the impression that it is their proprietary software.

http://www.pbase.com/lefturn99
Attached Images

mspivey is offline   Reply With Quote