Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Sep 2, 2005, 3:45 AM   #1

Hello everybody. I am trying to use the ELM624 chip to manage my Sony DSC-V1 camera. I can send configuration commands to the ELM chip, but I can not send commands to the camera :sad:. Well, I can send the commands, but the camera do nothing andI get the following lines from the ELM:

000F0000

000F0000

I send the commands '185E', '105E', '205E' and '285E'to power off the camera, with no success.

Does anybody knows how to check if the ELM is working properly? Where can I found valid DSC-V1 LANC commands?

Cheers

Alberto
Funes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:34 PM   #2

When you first start, try sending the ATZ command and then check if the chip is returning ELM624. If not, then you hardware connection is not correct and/or the serial port parameters are wrong.

sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:31 AM   #3

Hello again.

I made test to check the serial connection with the ELM624 and I am sure is well. After some test, I think that the problem is on the commands sent. Has anyone ever tried to make a photo with the Sony DSC-V1 using the ELM624? What commands were used?

Alberto
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:47 AM   #4

There are two issues here. First you must confirm that you are talking to ELM624. To do thisin Hyperterminal, type in ATZ. If you receive a reply sequence containing ELM624 in it, then your serial connection - your hardware and software configuration is good.

Second, the connection between the ELM624 chip and your camera must be verified. On a camcorder, theplug has three connections: Power, Grd and Signal. The tip of the plug is the signal. the middle is power and base is ground. You should only connect the signal and grd wires.

The best way to verify if the chip is sending out the correct info is to hang a o-scope probe on the signal line and check that the bit stream on this line is changing. Another possibility is to hook up an LED to the output and see if you notice a change in the flicker pattern when you issue a command. If you can borrow a Camcorder, then you could send the play or stop command to see if it works there.

In all cases, when it is hooked up to the camcorder, there should always be a bit stream on the signal line.

After this you can try sending a power off command to your camera
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:47 AM   #5

Hello again.

First of all, I am using a Sony still camera, for taking photos, the Sony DSC-V1. I think this is importan just because maybe there are differences between camcordes commandsand still cameras.

Well,I checked that PC-ELM624 communication was OK. I sent the command and I got the "ELM624 v3.0" stream. Then, after some tests, I got some information from the DSC-V1, so I think that the ELM624-DSC.V1 communicationwas OK also. But then, I tried to sendthe power-off command, and I got no response, so I started to think that I was using an incorrect command. This is the reason why I am asking someone who has developed something and knows the good commands to use with my Sony DSC-V1 camera using its ACC-Terminal port.

Any help?

Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:43 AM   #6

Look on the other thread and Crunchy had some codes you could try.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:25 PM   #7

dearing all my internet search on the lanc or elm625 I alway get sent here
just wondering if anybody is working with this now works real good for my stuff
using a PC or PIC chip to camcarder
homemade24 is offline   Reply With Quote