Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:31 PM   #11

That's great. Do you use the video out to compose? Wired or wireless? I use a 50' video out from the camera atop the pole to a small TV on the ground. eventually I'll go wireless.

Do you have pictures posted of your feathered friends?
mspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:19 AM   #12

try this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHAYEE-remote-as...QQcmdZViewItem

i bought one for my FZ20, and it works flawlessly. cost is $15 plus $4 shipping, takes about 2 weeks to get from Hong Kong. the guy is easy to deal with, and very professional... i've bought several other accessories from him.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:19 AM   #13

I have a wired 3" hand held TV for video out. Really do not like it. Many times the birds would only stop a very few moments and the shot was lost. Now I just watch and try to anticipate. Take a oo burst of pictures with thefield pretty wide then crop. Below is a finch. I have well over some 7000 pictures now. My big job this winter is to PP then organize. Really do not have a plan yet.

mspivey wrote:
Quote:
That's great. Do you use the video out to compose? Wired or wireless? I use a 50' video out from the camera atop the pole to a small TV on the ground. eventually I'll go wireless.

Do you have pictures posted of your feathered friends?
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:35 AM   #14

Since I am a DIYer [do it yourself] a wired remote was my first project. It performed as the Phayee but cost me $1.00 and some time. The wireless shutter release is a different story. Will do what a wired remote cannot do. Many times I stand in a crowd of people with the transmitter in my pocket and shoot a series of pictures and no one knew any pictures were being taken. No posed pictures. Cool!!

At Christmas a family picture was being taken. I had set up my camera and again I was in the group. I took many pictures with nobody realizing I was taking pictures. Others were setting the timer and running to get into the group and the result was a very 'posed' picture..

Stan

PS I understand many like the Phayee wired remote shutter. Works on FZ30 too.

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
try this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHAYEE-remote-as...QQcmdZViewItem

i bought one for my FZ20, and it works flawlessly. cost is $15 plus $4 shipping, takes about 2 weeks to get from Hong Kong. the guy is easy to deal with, and very professional... i've bought several other accessories from him.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:34 PM   #15

G'day Stan,

Could i trouble you for theplans for your wired remote? - I'd love to give a simpler (beginners-type) version a try!!

I'd be hugely appreciative-ihave wanted a remote for ages.

Chris76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:54 PM   #16

dear sqirrel,

I have checked this ebay listing out, I emailed them to ask how I can pay for the extenyion cord at the same time, there seems to be no link to it. They didn't reply.

any Ideas

Phill.

Phill Down Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:06 PM   #17

Chris:

Just read this thread. I have posted the plan and some pictures.

If you need more details just ask!

It is quite easy for any DIY'er

You will need a cheap multimeter and a small soldering iron.

I will step you thru it.

Works for FZ20/30

Stan

Chris76 wrote:

Quote:
G'day Stan,

Could i trouble you for theplans for your wired remote? - I'd love to give a simpler (beginners-type) version a try!!

I'd be hugely appreciative-ihave wanted a remote for ages.

Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:12 AM   #18

I just ordered┬*┬* one- if you use paypal you can add in the extra cost for shipping and the extension in the dialogue-I forget what line it is-something like extra costs or taxes....got a note from him saying extensions were backordered but mine is on the way. This guy is very trustworthy and seems to speak good English, but may not quite understand your question.Hope that helps.CJ Crawford┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* I have checked this ebay listing out, I emailed them to ask how I can pay for the extenyion cord at the same time, there seems to be no link to it. They didn't reply.┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬* ┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬* any Ideas┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬ *┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬ *┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*┬* Phill.
fzfuzzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:02 AM   #19

Hello! I am new to this board and want to make a wireless remote you have drawn. My questions are: what size wire do I buy so I can use crimp conectors?What is the resistor near the LED? Is it required or part of the LED? Where can Iget a copy of the cleaned up drawing that has been mentioned?

Thanks for your help and a great web site!
tcbikenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:36 AM   #20

2,5 mm 4 conducror plug from a hands free cell phone adapter from a dollar store.

Stan
Attached Images