Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Remote Control

Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:18 AM   #11

Nice pictures you took with your set Mike.
No,I didn,t take many pictures yett, I,m still working on the 17 meter pneumatic pole I bought.
I want to build a system so I can transport it on the roof of a car and find a easy way to get it in position for taking pictures when on location, but I already have something in mind:!:.
The 17 meter mast is pretty heavy (32 kg without tripod) so it is not very easy to walk around with it on location so I decided to buy a 14 meter manuel mast (22 kg incl. tripod) for that part.
I hope to get started as soon I finished all the work still to be done.

Jan
Attached Images

kamilajans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:00 AM   #12

I am hoping to get into KAP.Have printed out lots of references but need suggestions as to what servos to use and why. Can a joy stick still be used with 360 degree servo modification. I see4:1 gearing. Cannot find reference to the accuracy of pan/tilt positioning. Hunting? So many details so little understanding.

Has anyone servo'd a FZ30 zoom ring?

I would like to do this project in two months. [???]

TIA

Stan

stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:05 PM   #13

kamilajans

that pole is almost identical to mine except mine is green anodised !!!

i had a big bracket made at work to mount it on and park car wheel on to hold it rock steady, i have made my rig for my c4040 fit both the pole and a kite.

im keen also to get out and use it
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:10 PM   #14

stnkline wrote:
Quote:
I am hoping to get into KAP.Have printed out lots of references but need suggestions as to what servos to use and why. Can a joy stick still be used with 360 degree servo modification. I see4:1 gearing. Cannot find reference to the accuracy of pan/tilt positioning. Hunting? So many details so little understanding.

Has anyone servo'd a FZ30 zoom ring?

I would like to do this project in two months. [???]

TIA

Stan

it dont matter on make of servo but acoms are different inside to the futaba, id get futaba if ur not sure.

u will need a very decent transmitter because u will use more than 2 channels.....a channel is used for each function, ie pan, tilt, shutter etc. i got an aircraft transmitter cheap of ebay and it as excellent control, no need for gears because it as tuning for joysticks and can control the turning with that as its very steady, i also use the left joystick for tilt as it stops where u leave it unlike right one that self centers
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 2:31 AM   #15

Very nice.

I'm wondering how you power the Black Widow video transmitter, and how you hid the batteries?

Also, what type/size batteries did it take to power the Black widow transmitter?

Were you somehow able to use the same power supply for the radio receiver to power the Black Widow Video transmitter? If so, how did you do that?

Do you know that your entire top rig weighs including camera and all batteries necessary? (in pounds or ounces).

I may have missed it, but how do you control the zoom function?

Lastly, do you have a site with even more pictures/details of the unit?

Thanks, Randy

randman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:16 AM   #16

[align=left]Hi Randy,

The batteries are rechargeble Ni Mh aaa batteries, you will need 5 to power the video.downlink 5 X 1,2 V = 6 V.
The batteries are 900 mAh each.

They are located inside the alluminium tubes, like the batteries for the radio reciever (servo,s and gentleds 4 batteries, 4,8 V).

So I use 2 different sets, 1 for the video transmitter and one for the radio reciever, because the parts need different voltage 4,8 and 6 V and the servo,s can give interference on de video signal of the blackwidow unit.

The zoom and shutter are controlled by gentleds, and activated by the radio transmitter.

The weight of the unit is 1050 grams, just over a kilo without camera.

No, don,t have a website yet, i,m waiting for the spring and summer to take the first pictures from the mast.

Jan
[/align]
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:47 PM   #17

What kind of mast do you have (märke) ?
Zailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:23 PM   #18

Hi Zailor,

I have a Fireco Maxi Primo mast.
http://www.fireco.it/
It is 2.80 long and the max. height is 17 meters

greetings

Jan
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:11 PM   #19

Thanks im ,looking for someting like that , did you order it from italy ?

How much did you pay for it ?

Zailor is offline   Reply With Quote