Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Resizing / Interpolation

Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:20 AM   #1

My wife got a 7 inch photo frame for Christmas and I finally got around to putting about 30 shots onto an old 16mb sd card we had here and put it into the frame.

Everything worked fine, set the date and time, went thru the entire menu choices, but saw nothing about size aspect choice.

Well sure enough all the pictures appear to be 4:3 stretched on sides to fit 16:9 photoframe, so everyones pictureslook "funky" and stretched on the sides.

I went thru the entire manual and all menu settings and see no way to adjust this to allow for 4:3 pictures in this 16:9 style frame, so I guess I am going to have to do some resizing or something so pictures look correct.

I do have photoshop and guess I could crop them and resize so they would look "ok" in that frame (a big pain) but is there anything else I can try or do and does anyone know what measurements I should use for best results when I crop a 4:3 pic to 16:9 so that everyones heads look normal?

The picture frame came from CVS and is a TDE Systems 7 inch frame, but beyond that I searched google high and low and didn't find much at all about it.

Thanks for ANY help suggestions or tips on the fastest easiest way to manipulate all these photos to the correct proportions for this digital photo frame.

Bill

BillAustin@comcast.net

ftlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:06 PM   #2

Hello Bill,

Depending on the model of digital photo frame you bought, some have the ability to switch between a 4:3 aspect ratio and a 16:9.

If you are unable to switch to a 4:3, my suggestion is to resize your photos using a batch resizer. These can easily be found many different places on the net.

The ideal size for a 7" frame should be 480 x 234 pixels.

Hopefully this helps
dpf guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:26 PM   #3

if you don't want to crop your images use a plain color background of the right porpotions as bourder. It would look as if the image was om a mat board. You can make a photoshop action to resize and apply the borader to all images in a folder.

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:01 AM   #4

Hi Bill,

I had exactly the same problem asyou and ended up writing a little Freeware app to quickly crop and resize photos to perfectly fit any photo frame.

If you'd like to try it, have a look at http://www.leansoft.co.uk/framesize

You'll get a lot more than 30 pics on a 16MB card using it too...

Jon.
Jon L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:22 PM   #5

Jon L wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bill,

I had exactly the same problem asyou and ended up writing a little Freeware app to quickly crop and resize photos to perfectly fit any photo frame.

If you'd like to try it, have a look at http://www.leansoft.co.uk/framesize

You'll get a lot more than 30 pics on a 16MB card using it too...

Jon.
Just got a Technika 7" DFP from Tesco and was annoyed with the cropping, set my photos 800*480 with your software and it converted them in no time, brilliant simple and quick to use piece of software, thanks a lot!
LuinThallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 3:33 PM   #6

Hey all, Bill here I started this thread a while back ago, still havent used this frame but will download that tool linked above and give it a try this weekend, it's been sitting on the shelf turned off for a long time, will be a nice surprise if i can get the images to the proper proportions and get it working here to surprise my wife.

Almost like a new present since its been out of use that long and was never used (due to the pics looking funky) hehe.

Bill
ftlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:28 AM   #7

The best software for resizing for photo frame is

http://www.imresize.com
albert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:23 AM   #8

For batch resizing image files, I use the facilities within the remarkable fully-featured 'Irfanview'. Among its many facilities, it allows settingof vertical or horizontal size, and a variable degree of simultaneous sharpening as well, which may well be desirable.

It also allows me to produce a ready-to-go website of images and html files, with a few mouse clicks, ready for upload to the net. I use this facility for sharing images with friends and family.

See www.irfanview.com. Its author desrves to be a photographic hero!

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:08 PM   #9

I've found it !!

http://www.DigitalFrameMaster.com
DigitalSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote