Which link?
I atached the photo as usual.
Bye
Francisco

[Edited on 6-20-2002 by Francisco]

[Edited on 6-20-2002 by Francisco]
Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2002, 12:48 PM   #12

I understand that if you are going to enlarge or stretch a photo this is what happens.
orignal photo:
resize process:
Alll the #2 represent the software or digital zoom creating blank lines in the information (picture). then the software tries to guess what should be there and fill in the spaces = big and blurry.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2002, 3:28 PM   #13

Francisco,

Your best shot is the upper left corner. The others all have less apparent detail, but I would'nt be able to say which is better.

I was never convinced that Fuji's interplation to 6mp was effective, but many people differ with me on that.
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 9:16 PM   #14

Default comment

Walter,

You talked about how good Genuine Fractels is for resizing and I wonder if you have compared it to the action that Fred Miranda has for photoshop?

I appreciate you testing these products for us. It is a great help.

Jim
Jim Ghiringhelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:10 PM   #15

I agree GFs is the best. But just to throw in my bit. I think smart size in PSP is better than Bi-cubic- just.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:38 PM   #16

Really? I have never used photoshop bi-cubic, but I own Paint Shop 7.04, and have downloaded the beta for 8.0. BTW, 8.0 is a HUGE improvement!
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 3:46 AM   #17

Quote:
BTW, 8.0 is a HUGE improvement!
Why? Gimme, gimme gimme the details!!!!
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 4:39 PM   #18

Primarliy it's the reorganization that helps. Everything is put in munus that you would expect to find them. Also lots of things are now automaticaly docked. The layer pallet is now open from the start on the side, maskes included. Tool options are by far one of the biggest improvements. They remain docked below the main menus with tons of stuff. For one tool there may be 15 options each with lots of choices. A real good example is that the fill tool now has a tolerance + other options. Completley new are the perspective tools. One can press the staighten button and check auto-crop. A line will appear that you can move over a horizontal, and then drag an end or too to match it's angle. Double click on the line and the image is rotated to make the horizontal horizantal, and cropped to fit with original porpotions. There are also perspective, deform, and mesh, which all work on the same principal. There is also fish-eye and barrel distortion correction tools. One small but helpful feature that everyone who prints will enjoy, is the additon of a resample uncheck box(I think I already mentioned it in my last post). The background eraser is now a lot more usefull with it's edge-finding capabilties(and there are three of 'em).

The tool menu on the left is different too. Everything is grouped together. For example, if you want the scratch remover, its under the clone tool. Then to get the clone tool, its under the scratch remover. Also is everything change to target, all the perspective tools, and so forth.

You can get some videos showing how this stuff works here
http://www.jasc.com/pbeta/psp/product.asp

I don't even use psp 7 anymore, just 8 beta. You can download it at http://www.jasc.com/pbeta/psp/

The final program is due in April(I think).

Boy, I just checked, and they're on version 5, I downloaded 3 a week or two ago.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 8:12 AM   #19

Comparing Genuine Fractals with S-SPline Pro I think S-Spline Pro is slightly better. Both make a good difference to Photoshops default enlarging, bicubic makes a mess of edges when enlaring 1200% while S-Spline Pro and GF keep the detail much better. GF just introduced little more artifacts than S-Spline Pro in my tests.

Genuine Fractals: http://www.lizardtech.com/solutions/photo/
S-Spline Pro: http://www.shortcut.nl/redirect.php?...rie&id=sspline

Oh and I didn't completely understand VFzoom?.. I tried their evaluation version and as far as I could tell its key functionality is to store images in a progressive format. So you can retrieve small versions of the image and download more detail sequentially. But whenever I tried to actually enlarge an image (I mean making it larger than the resolution I originally started with) it seems to perform even worse than Photoshop? However the program is pretty fast, I think VFzoom is useful if you're focused at max compression or fast workflow rather than getting max quality. Or did I misunderstand this software??
Stephen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 6:43 PM   #20

If you aren't going to expand the photo by gargantuan amounts, IrfanView has various methods for resizing, the best being Lanczos and B-Spline, the latter being my preference.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote