Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Resizing / Interpolation

Old May 22, 2005, 2:47 PM   #11

Picasa 2 is a great program to view and resize and e-mail try it well worth it and its free

http://www.picasa.com/index.php?tid=Y2NpZD0zNzY3

program

Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 2:07 PM   #12

Quick ePics is a program specifically written for batch processing (not just resizing).

WARNING: use it on copies of your pictures first, it's altogether too easy to mess up your originals!!:shock, but once you master it, it's really fast.

Get it at http://www.missionpeaksoftware.com
Not freeware, but pretty cheap. Comes with a 30 days free trial.
MCSmarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:35 AM   #13

Irfanview is my favorite software for running slideshows, resizing, minor photo adjusting. Plu I like that is shows the image in actual size so you can see just how large an image it as and you have to scroll all over the screen, but just hit the "Enter" key and it's great for a full screen image.
Zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 6:16 AM   #14

Hello there. Tried your advice. Went into thumbnails and then start batch dialogue. nothing happened went back into original ifranview into batchconversion then saw screen detailed. It refused to Add all to its input file and only selected tif files. As I want to resize the whole batch was not successfull. Can you help me?
Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:04 AM   #15

If you have Photoshop you can create a action that makes your images the size you want. After makeing the action in the photoshop tools menu across the top hit file/automate/batch. In the new window that opens pick the action youve created and then click the folder of images you want to change. Choose whether its going to replace your old files or just resize them and put them in another folder of your chooseing. Once happy with your selection hit the button and Photoshop will resize all ofo your files.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:25 PM   #16

if you run WinXP try their 'powertoy' which adds 'resize image' to the right click menu

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:25 AM   #17
Administrator

Browny wrote:
Quote:
Hello there. Tried your advice. Went into thumbnails and then start batch dialogue. nothing happened went back into original ifranview into batchconversion then saw screen detailed. It refused to Add all to its input file and only selected tif files. As I want to resize the whole batch was not successfull. Can you help me?
Are you sure your didn't change the file type from "Common Graphics Files" to something else for files included in the list?

Irfanview supports most image file types. What types are you trying to resize?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:44 PM   #18

or try this http://www.imageresize.info/en/, it's good for batch resizing and sharing
lord.xor@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocX View Post
If you have Photoshop you can create a action that makes your images the size you want. After makeing the action in the photoshop tools menu across the top hit file/automate/batch. In the new window that opens pick the action youve created and then click the folder of images you want to change. Choose whether its going to replace your old files or just resize them and put them in another folder of your chooseing. Once happy with your selection hit the button and Photoshop will resize all ofo your files.
Photoshop Elements at least version 8 and on have this option build in under the batch process menu which is under the file menu. when the window (for batch processing opens) click on the option to change the size and put in the variables you are after. Then tell it where you want the pictures to go and it will do the rest for you. I have used this option several times to resize images. I do however mainly use batch processing features to renumber my photos and to also change jpg quality when I save my images before they go on a DVD.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote