Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Resizing / Interpolation

Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:53 PM   #11

I am new to Irfanview. I have about 1400 folders with lots of images per folder. Is there any way to do batch conversion on these images in Irfanview. Please help me.
charlesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:04 AM   #12

charlesdude wrote:
Quote:
...batch conversion on these images in Irfanview...
It's under "File | Batch conversion/Rename...". I recommend you download & install all the plugins as well as the basic image viewer. You can do the whole lot in one pass then. It will take quite a while if you're doing a complicated modification to a lot of files.

Experiment with a small batch first. Take care not to overwrite any of your original files.

An additional useful feature (though not with a huge batch like yours), is that if you start up "Irfanview Thumbnails" from the main menu, you can start the batch dialog to operate only on certain images that you've preselected as 'thumbnails'. I use this all the time to do lossless jpeg rotation.

Good luck, Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:23 AM   #13

Check out "Batch Sizer" at http://www.dps.uk.com/shareware_batchsizer.htmpretty nice and the author (me) is always open to sugestions and ideas (Latest beta has and auto-trim/crop function and other new stuff) - ANy input welcome.
Mat-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:40 PM   #14

Free!

I came across this, quite nice and useful little tool! Best part it is FREE!

http://www.freeimagebrowser.com/article2608.html
[*]JPG Resizing (Clean pixel resize) [/*][*]Photo Smoothing [/*][*]Resize Aspect Ratio or Freestyle [/*][*]Resize single images from defined 4:3 (Square) values [/*][*]JPG Image Compression [/*][*]Watermark Protection (Text or JPG, PNG, BMP images and many other features) [/*][*]Photo viewing and editing [/*][*]Photo details [/*][*]Photo blur [/*][*]Photo invert [/*][*]Photo crop [/*][*]Photo rotation [/*][*]24 bit Grayscale [/*][*]Send as e-mail[/*]
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote