Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Aug 24, 2003, 3:54 AM   #1
Default Caplio RR30 errorcode 30-00-28

My Caplio RR30 stopped to work. When turning power on
it displays "ERROR 00-00-00 30-00-28"
Ricoh support told me to update firmware, which I did succesfully,
but it did not resolve the problem.

I guess I have send the camera to repairservice.

Any ideas, what errorcode means ?

Regards Mikko
Helsinki, Finland

mikkotuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2003, 9:37 PM   #2
Default error code

hi my rr30 is displaying the same code .
have u fixed yours yet.???

i had to send mine back to sea&sea australia as i purchaced it as a package with a dx 3000 underwater camera.
ozematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 7:07 PM   #3

Did you manage to get your camera fixed? I have the same problem but may not be under warranty time. Any advise or suggestions would be much appreciated.

cheapdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:49 AM   #4

Hi all,

i have had the same problem, same error code. After using the RR30 for 15 month i had to send it back for servicing. I hoped for a warranty repair but i was wrong. 127 Euro they wanted to have.

The error code 00-00-28 or something like that is NOT a firmware problem. It is a shame that ricoh service advices an update to somebody with such an error.

It is the OBJEVTIVE (i dont know if this is the right english word) ...the lens system!

Since i did not want to pay that money i gave it a try myself. I de-assembled the camera (6 little screws in the chassis). It is kind of hard to take the 2 parts of the chassis apart afterwards. The turnwheel on top seems to stuck. Press down the trigger and push the 2 parts apart. It works. Then you will find another 5 or 6 screws around the lens system. Take it out. Move the objective manually. Push the On botton until you hear the lens motors working. (there are some sensors inside the objective. they monitor the lens position). Play around, putting the objective back inside and out until it moves automatically, turning the little black wheel on the side manually if it doesent, ...etc. Soon you will see that the objective moves in and out again, as before, no error code will appear anymore. Put the parts together again (5 minutes as max) Your cam is working again.

Fuck Ricoh service!

Regards from Germany

usaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 4:12 AM   #5

Hi @all,
for me it's the 2nd time that this error occures. First time it was repaired by warranty, but now I'm out of warranty-time. To me it seems like this error happens, when you try doing a picture (especially when using flashlight) with allmost empty batteries. The system of the camera seems to waste all the left energy by trying to make the picture, and finally there is not enough power left to put the camera back in off-mode. After changing batterys the error-code can be read in the display. To me this seems more like a kind of bug then a mistreatment. It's a shame that customers have to pay lots of money to get that fixed again.

Later: Amazing, it works again! I would never have done this, if I hadn't read Uwe's posting. Just a couple of screws, some minutes of trying around and puting it back together. Thanks a lot and best regards,
Martin_St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:28 PM   #6

The Error code means there is a problem with the Lens Assembly.

Maybe it has been forced due to accident or too much sand or dirt is clogging it up.

Usaum, it is worth having a go and fixing it yourself if you wish, but it might not work.

You need to re-calibrate the focus, you may have been very lucky and got it right.

Martin_st. Dont let your batterys run down so far.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:01 AM   #7

got another error message.

I figured out that it must be a mechnical problem. (lens got stuck after recharging the flitser...guess baterries got empty)

Ricoh advised a firmware upgrade.

i just opened the case, unscrewed the screws around the lens a little bit to make some room. turned the lens a little. put power on and it worked....!!!!

and i found this forum and discovered that more people thought along the same line as me!

roger68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 1:52 PM   #8

Hi Gang,

My 6 year old son decided to put Ricoh through a 'drop test'! I found Uwe's tips (after having taken it apart!), but it didn't seem to work. Then I noticed that only the smaller of the two motors was moving. Out of desperation, and seeing as how I had nothing to lose anyway, I tapped lightly (usning the head of a small screwdriver)on the housing of the larger motor, and voila!

I would guess that the shock of my son's drop test jammed the motor causing the code to appear, and leaving the objective high and dry.

It works fine, although the operation is noticibly louder than previously.

Steveincologne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:54 PM   #9

Hi there all,

I had exactly the same problem. After turning it on it showed this errormessage. I followed Uwe's instructions on the dismantling of the camera. I could only find 5 screws and after removing them I could take the two covers apart. I even did not have to take out the objective. It then simply worked again.

So after putting it together again I was happy to have saved myself a lot of money.

mathijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 2:31 PM   #10

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my incredible experience:

I also was struck with this error, and already was happy having a reason to buy a new camera... but I decided to give it a try to repair my good old one before.

I already started to follow Uwe's advice (NOT the one to regarding the manufacturer's service, which I find not very productive (pun intended)). However, I found that I had no matching screwdriver at hand, so...

I just slapped the cam against my pelvis-bone (or however this part of the body is called... notably, there was also a leather belt in between) in all possible directions (six altogether, each side of the cam).

Afterwards, the cam worked again. Incredible but true. However, like Steve, I observe that moving in the objective is now louder than before.

I think this cam is one of the good old robust kind However, of couse, I have just told what I have experienced. I am not telling anybody to try this. If somebody hurts himself or damages his cam, it's his own fault.

timli is offline   Reply With Quote