Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:42 AM   #1

Hello there,this is my first post,hope it helps me and theothers in the future.

At this time i saw an advertise for the RICOH RX ,in GREECE ,from a mail order,at 150 euros.

The basic reason i am thinking of buying this camera ,is the wide,28mm lens,as i am semi-pro photographer,and in my first step to digicams,i cant think of something starting from more tele in my hands.

Also the price seems very attractive(at least for my country),and i think it is a photographicaly-designed camera,not a gadget-designed,believe me from my experience in photography,15 years now,and ricoh always had innovations that we needed(in film photography).

Any idea that would help my decition?:?

karibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:10 PM   #2

With your level of experience I'd recommend a camera that has more manual control. Yes, having a wide angle in a compact digicam is nice (I have a Ricoh R1 as a second camera) but you will mis the A,S,M modes. As a holiday cam the RX is nice, but don't expect it to be a pro tool. There are cameras, such as Olympus C5060 that are designed for semi-professional use and have wide angle zooms. These unfortunately cost quite a bit more than 150 Euro.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 4:33 AM   #3

Thank you,blr

I know about olympus,but it is not so compact,not to mention the price,760 euros.

In my short list,was also nikon 5400,8400(widest ever lens),fuji 510,canon s-60,and everything starting from 28mm.

Believe me it is(wide) not replaceable,with a little or even many mm to the tele side of zoom!you can go zoom in,even at the printing procedure,but NO WAY ,to zoom out!

Also in my entry to digital photography,i dont need so many control.

If in the future i decide to go digital,i will buy EOS 300 D(in todays standards),as i have an almost full system of canon af-lenses,flashes etc,my working system!

Thanks again ,and ihope its a new era for me,going to digital!
karibu is offline   Reply With Quote