Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:49 PM   #1

Have been unable to locate any reviews of the Samsung SC-MM10S. Anybody know of any? Anybody own one and can relate their experiences? Any video examples?
APK-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:40 PM   #2

I had one for a while and returned it. It did okay with Video, however, when I had a terrible time trying to make DVDs with this video. I'm a heavy user of Videostudio so I tried every trick in the book to try and get the best DVD output but no luck. Samsung uses a compression called SDEG (something like that) anyways it's a pain to convert from. What also bugged me was that there was no flash on the camera (at least on the model I had). I believe other SC-MM10XXX have a led flash. In addition, the photo part only took low resolution photos.

If you're interested in saving the footage for DVD then look at the Sanyo C6. Yes it's got some pixel issues but the footage is great especially in low-light (my own opinion). In addtion I don't have any significant loss of quality when converting the MP4 format eventually over to DVD.

Also- if you plan to share your footage with others they will be required to load a codex on thier system prior to viewing the video. It's required and is not standard on Windows XYZ.

Video- 6 out of 10

Optical zoom 9

Noise from zooming- 7

Still photo quality- 3

MP3- didn't bother

Low light video- 4

That's all I can comment on..

blegate is offline   Reply With Quote