Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:48 PM   #1
Default Samsung HD HMX-U10 Flashcam

Hi all, first post but a bit or a lurker. Now require some of your expert help if possible please.

I had this delivered today and Im stuck with it. Ive popped in two different SD cards, one 4GB and one 2GB. Both I have used before in my digital still camera and they have worked perfectly.

The U10 recognises both cards and allows me to shoot some "film". I can then browse my movies on the device and play them back on the device. I can use the Composite cables that come with the camera to view my movies on my HD TV. More about that in a moment..........

My problem is this, I take the SD card out of the U10 and pop it into my laptop, I first tried Windows 7 but this fault applies to both Vista and XP having tried me other systems. I broewse to the SD card and open the default folders to look at my videos, Windows 7 tells me that the card cannot be read. Vista shows me the folder as empty.......... hidden files etc are set to be "on". Card looks empty.......... I put the card back into the U10 and now I get a question mark icon instead of the thumbnail for my video and it will not play it back. I can then use the SD card and go through the same process........

Its driving me nuts. I work in the IT business and get my hands on a lot of cameras, cell phones etc and move SD cards and files around all this time. This one has me beat.

Any ideas?

Video recording is shocking and poor in my view. Ive tried all the settings, 720, 1080 and lower res and I get sparkles across everything Ive recorded. I didnt expect much for 100 but it should be better. This could be down to the composite cable provided but its a shame this does not have a HDMI output

Last edited by mkc; Oct 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM.
mkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:04 AM   #2

Have you tried the format of the cam. what sd cards
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote