Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:20 PM   #1
Default Samsung WB210

I've just ordered this WB210, any1 here got the experience of this cam? would like hear from you,
many thanks,
ecez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:44 PM   #2

Any particular reason for the Samsung? Did you do some class comparison and reviews? did you define your needs? if you did and arrive at it thus -get it and enjoy it to the full.
If not -you still have time.
PS I have never used a Samsung myself.I have the Panasonics.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:53 AM   #3

Please keep in mind you're getting a P&S with mid-range capabilities that are actually quite good.
I've used, Pansonic, Fuji, Olympus, Kodak, and Samsung P&S's and have found them all having as you would imagine pros and cons.
The Samsung WB210 I just acquired and started using and I'll give you my experiences using it.
In daylight the photos are quite good with a slight tendency to be washed out in bright sunlight. Night photos are also reasonably good but keep in mind the flash on this camera like it's P&S counterparts sucks ten feet and beyond.
The touch screen takes a bit of getting used to but works pretty well especially in detecting macro mode.
I've not tried all the multiple menus etc.
The movie mode is not bad and that's one of the main reasons I actually bought the camera ( A cheap HD movie camera). HD works as promised even in some poor lighting. In daylight its actaully quite good. If you're doing a lot of editing and making large enlargements you may want to watch out. This camera compresses the JPG images significantly more than others that I have used. A panasonic PZs1 for example will compress a 12Mp image to 3.5 -4.5 MB range but this camera compresses a 14MP image to the 3.0 - 4.0 range. I have not done any real world tests to see what this means but usually very high compression ratios may be in issue in multiple edits.

See quick samples below UNEDITED except for size reduction.

In daylight the first two shots.

The next three at night

No flash in this one.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote