Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:53 PM   #1

My Digimax 4010 pictures are almost always blurry when I go to print them. How can I correct this?
GmaOdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2006, 3:44 PM   #2

Try sliding the switch on the side to the picture of the mountain.
moseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:58 PM   #3

Blurry as in out of focus, or blurry as in "pixelated."

If it's out of focus, you could be using a low shutter speed causing blur from camera movement and/or subject motion. You can try the "mountain" (infinity) setting, too. It may give you more depth of field, but it might make things worse if you are shooting a subject fairly close to the camera.

If the pix look sharp on your computer screen but don't when printed, you could be shooting at a low quality setting or giving the printer a low resolution file to print. Always shoot at the highest size and quality settings and give your printer a high enough resolution file to insure the best results. 240 - 300 ppi (pixels per inch) will give you the best results your printer can produce. Also, make sure that your printer is set to its best quality mode.

If you sharpen your photos with an editor before printing, sharpen enough so that the result looks a little over-sharpened on the computer. Dot-spread during printing usually softens an image from what you see on the screen -- especially with lower quality, more absorbant papers.

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote