Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Mar 3, 2006, 2:34 AM   #1

I've searched all corners of the web but I have not found one proper review of the Samsung Digimax L50, in my opinion one of the best sub-compacts from the last year. At DP Review there is not even a mention of it on the Samsung product page and there is no review of it or it's slightly bigger brother the L55W here at Steves-Digicams. Maybe Samsung should have been more aggressive with their marketing of these cameras?
Chris Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:17 AM   #2

Yes... If they don't send the reviewers cameras, they don't get reviewed. ;-)

Also, there are a LOT of new cameras entering the market. Steve probably reviews more than anyone (if you want a "proper", professional review), and you have to go with models that are popular in the marketplace (otherwise, you'd never have time for all of them, even if the manufacturers do send cameras for review).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:35 AM   #3

Reviewers are not really interested in devices outside the big 5 manufacturers, in the US especially Canon dominate the market, brands like Samsung do get unfairly ignored. Add to that the fact that Samsung has a weak profile and relatively slow sales in America, bear in mind ALL major cam reviewing websites are US based!!.
mweb is offline   Reply With Quote