Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1

I am considering buying this camera because of its 15X zoom. Most of my photos are of birds, so for this I need a long zoom range. I currently own the Olympus C750UZ 4 mpxl with 10X remote, but feel I need more in order to get the shots I really want.

I also like to use a remote shutter release to minimize camera shake from touching the camera. One of the most annoying things I find in most remote controls is that the manufacturers presume that the only reason one would want a remote is to take a picture of oneself - therefore they put the remote sensor on the FRONT of the camera only. I would like to have the remote sensor on the BACK of the camera, so that I can view the display and take the shot from behind without having to touch the camera.

Has anyone used the 815's optional remote control? Or for those who own the camera but haven't use the remote, can you tell me where the remote sensor is located?

Also, is there a long lag time when using the remote? My current Olympus camera has a very annoying 3-4 second lag from the time the remote is pressed to the time the photo is taken.

Another question - the "long lasting" battery - Samsung says it will take 400 shots, but in my experience with the Olympus it's not the photo taking that drains the battery, it's the long times of standing and waiting with the LCD display on. Is this battery really all that different? Or should I opt for the optional A/C adapter right away?
BluebirdNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links