Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Jul 15, 2006, 9:47 AM   #1

I've had my digimax v5 for some time now, and I'm thinking of buying the new sony t30.
the reason being is that I want to find a camera that has "burst" capabilities.

YOu know how model or reporter photographers press the picture button and the camera takes loads of phots quickly? Thats what I want. I know the samsubg has an option to take up to eight pics in one click, but there is a delay between picture taking.

I want to take pictures and be able to chose the better ones...does this make sense?
In a nutshell, I press the button and hold it whilst it takes hundreds of pictures....is this possible on the V5?

thanks alot.

cynful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:41 PM   #2

Doesn't appear to be able to , even the 8 shots in a row is only by dropping the resolutionto fine and 1024x768 resolution.

The t30 has a poor burst mode, 5 shots only at around1.1 frames per second

Or 16 shots embedded into one picture, with the faster rate being I think 1/30 of a sec,but eachsub picture isthus very low resolution.

You have to be reasonable in your expectations in burst mode, evendslrs seldom havemore than 3 fps until you start hitting very expensive models.

No idea about otherSamsung cameras, never even seena Samsung for sale in camera shopshere in the UK, butif you want unlimited ie hundredsof shots, the Canon S2 or S3 can do that at around 2.2 fps till the card is full.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote