Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:07 AM   #1

I guys, I just purchased a C6 and was wondering if using a high speed SD card will improve the video at all. I understand I will be able to transfer the files off the card quicker but does anyone see a difference in the video quality (maybe less jerkyness)?

walter592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:17 AM   #2

I think 60x cards are about as high as you need to go...I have a couple of 150x cards, and neither of them work in the C6, so be careful what you buy!
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:15 PM   #3

Video qualityis the exact same for both standard and high speed SD cards. I have both.No jerkyness with either. Standard SD speedsare around "10x" = 10x150KB/s = 12Mbps, higher than thehighest bit rate of the C6.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:45 PM   #4

The benefit you will have from a good higher speed card is transfer time to the computer.

I use a high-speed USB 2.0 card reader to transfer myfilesto the computer and there is a difference between my standard blue 512MB cardsand my high-speed 512MB cards.

From a shooting/recording standpoint, as Caelum pointed out, the standard card is sufficient for all of the current Xacti cameras.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote