Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:52 AM   #1

Wondering if Steve will be doing a review of the HD1a,...?? Seems like he should have one on hand by now if they're shipping in just a few days.

Steve, do you think there is any way you can get a statement from Sanyo regarding the reliability problems in the HD1 and what's been done to correct that problem in the Hd1a? I think if Sanyo were more open about their problem,........and can assure people it's been fixed, they'd sell a lot more units.

As it stands now, the only customer reviews on the HD1 are on Amazon. Anybody that reads those has to be scared off........

Thanks, Steve......
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:44 PM   #2

We have the HD1a inhouse now along with many other cameras, look for the review in the near future.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:59 PM   #3

While I anxiously await your review of the Sanyo HD1a, I have an unrelated question that you,.......or anyone else for that matter,......might be able to help me with.

Is there another camcorder, with suitable still capability, that's as handy as the Sanyo units? I've tried the Panasonic for fit and although it sounds small on paper, it isn't remotely as convenient as the Sanyo, especially for one handed operation.

To me, the Sanyos are a real breakthrough. I have several camcorders but the one I always use is the little Xacti C5. Now, if they can only improve reliability.......

Thanks, Steve!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote