Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:48 AM   #1

Support Information]
For VPC-CA6 Users
30th October, 2006
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.

Notice regarding a disabling flaw and problems loading MPEG-4 files in Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0 SE (Compatible with MPEG-4), the movie-editing software package bundled with the SANYO VPC-CA6

First, may we say your choice of Sanyo products is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, a disabling flaw has recently been found in Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0 SE (Compatible with MPEG-4), a piece of software bundled with our VPC-CA6 digital movie cameras. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please check the software version you are using and, if necessary, download the appropriate patch to fix the flaw.

Disabling Flaw: MPEG-4 files cannot be uploaded to your computer if you have installed the software in a language other than Japanese or English.

Affected Software*: Some versions* of Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0 SE for SANYO VPC-CA6

See the Sanyo page here for full info and to download the patch.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2006, 3:07 PM   #2

Thanks Steve- I've just seen this message.

I bought my C6 in February and have been absolutely delighted with it. I'm more of a snapping photographer and wanted a camera which doubled as a 'camcorder, without the tapes and with the convenience to be able to carry it anywhere - in my trouser pocket or even shorts. So on the beach, walks in the country I've always got the camera to catch those unexpected moments.

However I have had problems with saving video clips to DVD to play back on the TV/DVD player system, which is new and fairly high spec. Until now I have assumed that this has been a problem with my PC.

Having seen this posting I have checked my software version as advised by the Sanyo website. I do not have an ID displayed. But my camera is not one of those listed - it's a DMX-C6(S). I have tried to download the patch without success.

Are you able to offer any assistance and advice, which would be much appreciated?

GrahamH is offline   Reply With Quote