Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:32 AM   #1

I am happy to report that Sanyo has now posted a SDHC firmware update for the VPC-C6 that will let it use 4GB SDHC cards:

This firmware update also improves the quality of the recorded sounds too

Note that the firmware instructions are a little bit "Jinglish" - it took me several tries before I realized that what they meant to saywas that you need to push the SET button to the LEFT to enter the firmware update screen. If you just press SET when on the Format option it ill go to the format screen - doh! :homey:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:08 PM   #2

I have a VPC-C6. I tried following the instructions on the Sanyo website to update the firmware, but it doesn't work. The instructions tell you that you need an SD memory card with capacity over 8 MB. I used a 4GB and the firmware fits, but when I install the card the camcorder immediately brings up the format menu. When I click on format it quickly does its thing, but won't let me off the format screen. How did you manage to upgrade the firmware.

albertaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:41 AM   #3

...I used a 4GB...
You'll need to use a smaller card (for example, a 128MB, 256MB, 512MB or 1GB SD Card) that's compatible with your current firmware version in order to install the firmware that lets it recognize a larger card.

In other words, you can't use a 4GB Card to install the firmware, because the camera isn't going to recognize a 4GB SDHC card until *after* the new firmware is installed.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote