Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:09 PM   #1

Please check my other post regarding the Exilim EX-S600 performance in low light: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...81&forum_id=14.

Indeed, although the EX-S600 is a good still camera and very slim, I find the performance in low light quite disappointing. I would like to have a dual still camera/camcorder with good low light capabilities when I go out in parties, bars or restaurants. In the following YouTube video, the EX-S600 performance seems abysmal to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sW3_2fYbxU.

My question: Do you think that the Xacti C6 would be better in that regard? The best thing would be to go to the store and buy one, compare it with the Casio and keep whatever camera that offers good performance in low light condition. Although I could get a full refund for the Casio, the store carrying the Xacti has a 20 % restocking fee. So, I would like to avoid this. Would you recommend the Xacti C6 over the Casio Exilim EX-S600 for usage in bars? Thanks in advance.
masterpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:41 PM   #2

Yes it would be better in movie modebecause the C6 has "9 pixel mixture" technology. Compare the ISO ratings on the camera's specs. But don't expect to be able to film in the dark, it still needs light. See my post (second one) in this thread for abrief explanation.

Here is a clear example of the difference of video without (C5) and with (C6) pixel mixture:

Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote