Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 1, 2007, 2:28 PM   #1

Hi everybody !

I made a small movie with my HD1 (sorry if it's not the HD1a, but the movie quality is quiet the same). It was in the french alps during a week skiing. I think it's a good idea to show it, to see the limits of the HD1. The movies was taken with the stabilizator, the "whites" set to "Sun" (some people knows how incredible become the movie quality when the whites aren't set to "AUTO" mode, even for pictures !:-)).

I also used the Sanyo Wide angle 0.6x. I love this wide angle ! it reduces veryslightly the quality and is very useful when filming sports.

:arrow:You can see here the movie http://perso.orange.fr/nebeske/

For the website i used a On6 codec (the latest flashvideo codec,really good one !), at 1mb/s and 128kb/s mp3. I also reduce the number of frames to 25pics/sec.

Some defects I noticed during the assembly were some small macroblocs in high speed scene (i know it's normal) and i also saw how difficult it is to capture a really clear HD movie in sports, the focus sets alwaystoo much slowly. The last thing is during the assembly on Sony Vegas 7, it's almost impossible to obtain a realtimeoutline, so you must make itblindly !
But for the rest, the camera is incredible...

See you !

Erwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:10 PM   #2

Looks great, thanks for sharing. Was allof thatfootagetaken withthe wide angle adapter? Downsampling from 29.97 fps (NTSC)to 25 fps turned out pretty good, did you render with "Good" or "Best" in Vegas? Yeah I imagine you need avery powerful PC to edit HD with real-time preview, butwith SD it works well.

Est-ce que c'était un de tes copains qui s'est blessé (traîneau de secours)?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:21 PM   #3

Hi Caelum. I used generally the wide angle adapator, exept one half day and it wasn't so easy...
In Vegas i always use the "Best" quality, and before downsampling the clip to flashvideo, i used the Microsoft VC-1 code at 10mb/s, 29.97fps .

PS: Une copine s'est blessée oui, les liguaments croisés du genou, en fin de séjour donc pas trop gênant.
Erwan is offline   Reply With Quote