Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:28 PM   #1

Hi there, so I just got myself a Sanyo vpc-C6 as I have been lusting after it for a while but I'm having a few problems getting it going. The camera itself works great so far, I just can't get it to download the data to my laptop properly using the software they include. I'm running a brand new macbook and installed the software but can't seem to get it to work when I connect the camera. So I used iPhoto which worked just fine, only when the videos play on quicktime there is no sound. And before you ask, yes, when they play on the camera there is plenty of sound.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
audeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:19 PM   #2

Very odd.

First, use the Mac software (iMovie). iMovie is a GREAT application. Pull the video into iMovie, make sure that the computers sound is on (test itby playingsomething in iTunes or whatever)and see if the movie has sound when it is played from iMovie. The sound is not a separate file, it is contained within the MPEG4 file. So if it can be played in the camera, the soundportion is there. We just need to understand why the trouble playing it in the computer.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote