Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 26, 2007, 5:25 PM   #1

I've had my Sanyo Xacti C5 for over a year but last winter I abandoned it for what I thought were slightly better focused videos from a Canon A710s. I used the A710 and still enjoy it, especially the optical viewfinder. However, it is considerably bulkier and harder to change from video to stills.

Yesterday I went to a BBQ event at my hunting preserve club and grabbed the Xacti on the way out the door. All I can say it that I'm glad I did. I had really forgotten how much handier and smaller it is than the Canon. I was able take video clips without intimidating the subjects by holding a camera to my face. I got some GREAT little clips. I was reminded again how simple it was to change from taking video to taking stills. When I got home I appreciated how easy these little files are to handle. The most pleasant surprise was that I found the LCD to be quite usable outside! I noticed only today that it has a back light feature and I suppose that explains why the screen is so much more usable than the one on the Canon A710.

So, I am no longer waiting breathlessly for the Canon TX1 to hit the street. I have decided to stick with the C5 awhile,..........but will absolutely buy the CG65 if it gets decent reviews, especially regarding the outside usefulness of the 2 1/2" LCD. Personally, I will pass on the HD1a and HD2. I would use the 10X zoom occasionally but that was the only feature that interested me. However, any advantages to the HD series would come at a significant difference in size and weight.

Congratulations to Sanyo for making a truly handy and user friendly hybrid. I'm back in the Sanyo corner again after briefly straying to Canon.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:54 PM   #2

Just read this TX1 real report from our neighbours:

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 2:31 PM   #3

After placing a TX1 on pre-order I have decided to forego the HD and have now ordered a Panasonic TZ3. It has many of the TX1 features that I liked but minus the HD, although it does record in 16:9 aspect for both stills and video.

I still have the TX1 on pre-order but I doubt I'll be following through unless the TZ3 is a total bust.
centme37 is offline   Reply With Quote