Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:18 AM   #1

I have recentrly bought a CG65 and am new to capturing photos and videos effectively. Anyways, I came upon a weird phenomenom when taking pictures with flash on and the white balance changed. When I set the white balance to anything but auto, taking a picture with flash on creates a very blue image. Is this normal? I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong or if my device is faulty. It does it wether using internal memory or with the 4 GB MyFlash Turbo SD Card.
Jose_423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:41 AM   #2

Hi Jose_423. Yes, it's normal: theflashproduces white light, so you should not use white balance while using the flash. White balance is used to correct situations where the light inyour scene is not white. For example, incandescent lightsoften produce yellowish light, white balance can correct this bymaking theyellowishtone appearas white with a full color correction. If the light source isalready white, then the white balance color correction will skew thenatural colors in the wrong direction.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:30 PM   #3

The white balance tells the camera what color light you have so it can make white look white.

Outdoor sunlight is close to the same color as the flash so you can set the cameras WBto either theoutdoor or cloudy day setting. I have the CG65 and tried both and the cloudy day setting looked almost perfect.

With the WB set to cloudy all indoor lighting will look yellow in the viewfinder but the pictures with the flash will be fine if you are close.
ArizonaVideo is offline   Reply With Quote