Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:42 PM   #1

Hi Folks,

I'm using Sandisk Ultra 2 2GB cards in my CG65 right now and will be adding a 4GB Ultra 2 SDHC card before my Yellowstone trip. Best deal I can find on these right now is from an Amazon affiliate for about $50 w/card reader. I'm also taking a Canon S5 IS with me and may need a couple of these cards.

I have a couple of batteries by Sanyo, the one that came with the CG65 and one I pirated from my old C5. I also have a couple of knock offs I got somewhere but they aren't very good.

Since I do a lot of in camera editing, I'd like to get another two or three batteries. Does anyone have any actual experience with replacements? Can you recommend a specific brand and source?

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:09 AM   #2

Not really a recommendation but for yourinfo Ibought my third party (knock-off) batteriesfrom global-batteries.ca. I don't think they last as long as the Sanyo ones, butfor C$13.77 each I figure it's close enough. The transaction went well, but I think they are based in Hong Kong and I notice their .com "US" site charges more for them, strange. I've had them over a year and they've worked well without incident... so far (fingers crossed). I guess there is always a risk with third-party batteries, but it just seems that $50+ for the Sanyo OEM ones is a little much, but perhaps it's like printer companies, Sanyo tries to recoup some money on accessories.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:58 PM   #3

Hi SetterDog,

I posted this before. If I were to get additional batteries, I'd probably get Lenmar.

Here are the results of my unscientific battery test:

Sanyo: 1:13:59

Lenmar: 1:08:19
$16.63USD at amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/DB-L20-Equival...107&sr=1-4

Powwer "950mAh": 0:48:47
$9.99USD at sterlingtek.com

lpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I checked the Lenmar on Amazon and the one review states that the user got the same run time he did on his Sanyo original. Seems to me that I've at least heard of Lenmar before so guessing that would be a good choice. I think Amazon is somewhat selective before they sell something.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote