Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:53 AM   #1

I've had this camcorder for a couple of months and have just uploaded my videos to my computer. From day one I noticed a red pixel on the left hand side of the lcd screen just below the number of still shots you can take.

I thought i was a frozen pixel and ignored it. However, the red dot is actually visible in the videos I have recorded; so it is not the LCD. I have replicated this by recording with the lens cap on as the dot shows up best against a black background. It is very very small but it visible. Bizarrely it is not visible on still images, only video. The lens is clean and there are no external influences to cause this.

Has anyone a clue what is happening to cause this; is it worth sending it back to the retailer or is it unlikely to worsen?

iaperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:17 AM   #2

I had a similar issue - a black diamond shaped shadow, NOT visible in any still images but on each video I took. Especially noticeable during zooming and with white backgrounds, so different symptoms from yours but similar-sounding malady. I returned the camera, although I have to say it broke my heart to do so.document.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_sad.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Therefore, I will probably order it again in the hopes that this isn't a widespread problem. Flare IS, but the kind of issue you and I have seems to be fairly rare, not being mentioned much on Steve's digicams. A Google search I ran couldn't come up with anything.

There are a couple mentions of "hot" pixels, as you probably know, which does sound a lot like the issue you might be having. But to answer your question, if the problem hasn't gotten worse, it's unlikely to do so since you've already owned the camera a couple of months. In my case, the black shadow might be a "dead" pixel for all I know.
IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote