Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:57 PM   #1

a noob question, got dust andstain on my CG65's lens, can i use cotton bud and glass solvent to remove them? thks~
n0v1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:30 PM   #2

I use the same cleaning procedure I use on any photo glass. First, I shoot a bit of compressed air ( you can also use a blower ) at the lens from oblique angles, to blow off any foreign matter that could scrath the lens in the second step...

...which is using some lens cleaning fluid and paper ( they sell wipes now in photo stores ). Put a drop or two of lens cleaning fluid ON THE PAPER and then very gently run it over the lens with a circular motion. Then, wait for the lens to dry and finish off with a microfiber cloth.

Most of the time , unless you really got into the muck, a brush/blower combo should be sufficient for quick touchups between shooting. In a pinch, I just use the blower to get particles off the lens, then breathe on it, then gently rub the condensation-covered lens with a microfiber cloth. Hasn't failed me yet.

Easiest way to mess up a lens is to start with the cloth, because if there's any dirt particles on the lens the cloth will rub it into the lens coating and possibly cause scratches in that.

Hope this is helpful!
IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote