Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:04 AM   #1

My CG65 came with two discs titled Software Pack 9.1. One of the discs is titled Ulead Movie Factory 5.0 SE

So far I haven't even installed these on my computer but I'm getting a newer faster laptop in the next few days with Vista, lots of RAM etc.

Wondering if it's worth installing these? The similar discs that came with my C5 years ago weren't very impressive. With the CG65 I've been doing in camera editing before making DVDs on my Panasonic DVD writer.

Since these discs came with a CG65, can I assume they will help make DVDs from AVC/H.264 video clips without a lot of hassle?
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2007, 8:03 AM   #2

Personally Ihaven't tried the shipped software, not for any particular reason, just because I already have other software that does the same or better.

By the way Ipurchased a Vista Home Premium laptop earlier this year to use as a Media Center PC in the living room. It works very well, I can view my entire C6 and CG65 video collection (and photos) on TV using the laptop's remote control. If you want Vista tosupport MP4 files (and many other formats) I recommend installing the free open source ffdshow tryouts codec pack andthen the Haali Media Splitter (for it's MP4 container support). I put together a registry patch for Vista so that Windows Media Player 11 and Vista's Media Center can both playback andgenerate video icons for MP4 files, it's attached (codec pack and media splitter need to be installed first, just unzip and open the .reg fileontheVista PC).
Attached Files
File Type: zip VistaMP4.zip (1,023 Bytes, 187 views)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:25 AM   #3

If I were a betting man, I'd get rich betting that you would come up with a sensible answer to any serious question on this forum. I doubt if anyone would bet against me, though.

Although I don't understand everything you suggested, I will load the programs you mentioned in my new Dell. I bought more than I probably needed just so I would have the speed to play with my photos and video clips. I got the fastest processor and bumped up the video card. I'm not sure how you get videos from your computer to the TV but I guess I will figure that out when it gets here in late August.

Thanks, once again,.....for your thoughtful help, Caelum!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:52 AM   #4

I took the plunge the other day and bought a Vista Home premium laptop. I have read the advice here and installed ffdshow,Haali media splitter and the patch for Vista. The h.264 videos play beautifully but I am having problems with my old xacti footage from my C4. When I try to play the video it only shows a portion of the film and the quality is awful.... I don't know what I've done wrong! Can anyone help me?

Many thanks for any advice.
sunnycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:22 AM   #5

The thing about the moviestudio software is that it will allow you to burn your HiDef clip to DVD. It does a good job of this but why would you record in HiDef only to burn to DVD and reduce the quality, this doesnt make any sense to me at all. Defeats the purpose of the HD. I suppose for simplicity it is ok but if you are going to burn your clips to DVD just buy the cheaper CG65, video comes out nice when burnt to DVD or get sony vegas which allows you to edit HiDef clips.

Cant understand why Ulead did not include an updated videostudio 11 that works with HD1000 clips.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote