Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:47 AM   #1

- Hi all,

I have a CG65 which I have used for a couple of weeks and have noticed a strange blue mark in the middle of videos taken with the camera. The mark adds a blue tint to the centre of the image and seems to appear on videos that have a contrast of light and dark split across the screen ie sky at the top and ground at the bottom. The mark doesn't appear on photos.

Apart from this I have been very impressed with the camera

barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:49 AM   #2

Not sure,could beCCD bloom? (happens withall CCD based devicesin very high contrast scenarios, like when filming a bright light ina very dark scene, it can appear as bright lines on the video as oversaturated CCD pixels "bleed" into neighboring ones).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:23 AM   #3

Caelum - thanks. I will post a sample up tonight. Be interesting to see if that fits the bill.

barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:16 AM   #4

It's lens flare.

My CG-65 does it all the time. If it was overcast when you were recording you will see it more.

Just for fun sit in a room and focus on a lamp across the room (bare bulb). If you move the camera around you will see a blue and red gost image from the lens flair.

The CG-65 has some real lens flair problems. It is less if you zoom out slightly.

I have lots of footage with the flair.

Here is a samle of some flair. I have some better examples but I will upload them later.

ArizonaVideo is offline   Reply With Quote