Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 26, 2007, 5:30 AM   #1

Hi there all! Having followed the advice on this forum a couple of months ago, I bought a Sanyo CG6 which, frankly, I'm stunned with. In even average light, the video is great, and in good light, it's really impressive - and the same goes for the stills. For a piece of kit costing just £130, it's a revelation!

I used it in very low light at the weekend, and despite messing around with ISO settings, could only get average quality footage - not bad, but just lacking that clarity I was (rather optimistically) hoping for.

So, my question to anyone who has used both is - does the low-light video footage of the HD1, the HD1a or especially the HD2 mark a big improvement over that of the CG6? Sanyo's blurb would have me believe that the HD2 has far superior low-light capability, but as ever, I'd love to hear from some users what their own practical findings are.

In anticipation, people - cheers!
CarlosFlowerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:03 AM   #2

Hey, as far as I know the CG6 has much better low light than the HD2, I think the CG6 works at 3 lux and the HD2 was something like 5 lux.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote