Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:19 AM   #1

Hi, first of all, big compliment for this forum!
Second, plese excuse my English, it is not my native language but I hope you will get the point.

Now, here we go:-)

OK, I got my HD1000 now for a few day. I'm impressed by the recording results and I realy like the cam. I had a HD700 but I didn't like it's shots under bad light conditions at all. There is a big improvement now, compared to the HD1000.

Watching the videos on the TV is real easy, but cutting and working on the videos drives me crazy.

Which software would you recommand? I have loaded the trial version of Nero 8, but it doesn'T give me enough possibilities to work in the films. With my old "normal" camara I used Magis Video Deluxe. But I cannot open up the video files on this software

So what would be the best software to cut and work on videos. Bring them later somehow in a real good format on dvd or cd or in my HDD to watch them on my Sony PS3.

How do you do all this?

Thanks a lot for your help
mosplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:45 AM   #2

I'm kinda trying to figure out the same thing in a sense. I'm asking in another thread which codec/settings I should use to output the edited video back into it's original format. To help your question a little bit I can tell you I've successfully edited video with the trial versions of Sony Vegas Pro 8 (expensive software) and with Ulead Video Studio Pro 11 Plus (cheap software at only $99). However, with both of these softwares the only successful output files I have created have been using Xvid or Divx codecs and the Sony AVC codec in Vegas. The Sony AVC codec gave me significantly less quality than the original file.

I will note though the PS3 plays everything I've thrown at it so far so if you render a file using the Divx codec it will play fine in the PS3. In case you're not familiar with all these different codecs you will need to have them installed. You can go to www.download.comand search for codec packs.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote