Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:59 AM   #1

Hm, cannot figure out, how to edit the files best.

I like to add Titel, fades, effects etc. Right now, I have several trail versions of video editing software on my computer. With Ulead 11.5 it works best. It shows the videos but they are not running smooth.

Do you change the format, before opening the file in an editing programm? If yes, what is the best format.

After editing. What is the best format to keep the high quality? I would like to save it as a file on my HDD or my SD card. Which codec do I use? mpeg2 or an mpeg4 codec? Ulead offers quite a lot mpeg4 codecs and I don't know which one to use.

If I burn it on a HD-Cd or DVD which codec and which settings than?

Hope you can help me.

mosplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:17 AM   #2

I've had great success with the trial version of Sony Vegas Pro 8. The full program is like $460 though so it may be out of reach for some. When using Vegas you do a "Render As" then choose MainConcept AVC/AAC (*.mp4) under "Save astype". Then choose "Custom" to the right of default template. Video rendering quality on first tab set to "Best". Then click the Video tab and under "Frame Size"choose "Custom Frame Size" and put in the dimensions of your video. 1280x720 for 720 and 1920x1080 for 1080. If you're editing 1080 footage you'd choose 29.970 under "Frame Rate" or you can simply type in 60 for 60p or 30 for 30p 720 footage. Field order for 1080 footage I think can be either lower or upper field first - I haven't seen a difference. For 720 footage make sure it's set to "None (progressive scan). Pixel Aspect stays at 1.0000. I use "Constant Bitrate" set to 14,000,000 just to give some headroom even though the footage is at 12,000,000. You can also type in whatever rate you want. Leave the audio as it is. That's it. The footage will look nearly exact though I've personally examined it and there is some very very minor detail loss like the detail in skin (speckles of skin grain for example). But it's really small and it's the best re-encoding I've found so far.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:12 PM   #3

avidemux is very easy and quick give it a try!
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote