Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:09 PM   #1

Okay, I'm a newbie to this forum. I've done some research and I'm ready to buy the Sanyo HD1000. I've seen prices from $319 to $700+. I expect differences in what's included and service levels. Can anyone offer me advice so I don't make mistakes?

What is/is not included in an order?

What should I include in an order vs. sourcing elswhere on my own? (battery?)

Any retailers I should avoid?

Sorry to be so basic. You all sound like experts to me, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for your help.
tmartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2008, 1:06 PM   #2

Unless you're buying used most stores have the HD1000 for around $680 which is what I bought mine for. I purchased from B&H Photo and Video:

It's a great store with good people to deal with. I also purchased an extra battery and a small Lowepro case for $22 about a week later. Don't go with stores that advertise a much lower price as there are a LOT of con artist camera stores out there that list low prices but when you call they say the battery (which is included) is $100 extra, etc.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:04 PM   #3

tmartine wrote:
Any retailers I should avoid?

Definitely. Go to resellerratings.com for reviews of online sellers. Don't buy from sellers with poor or nonexistent ratings. Usually the lowest prices you will find with search engines will be at bait-and-switch joints that will never sell you the camera at the listest price unless you buy a bunch of overpriced extras. Don't believe the store ratings that the search engines display - they are phonies.
Trocadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:19 PM   #4

Avoid Broadway, and the other half dozen names they go by at all costs. As someone suggested, try the reseller ratings.

I've had good luck on camera and electronics with Amazon.com. Free shipping and competitive prices on most items.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote