Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 5, 2008, 5:19 AM   #11

mosplace wrote:
Has anybody ever tried to run the library function with one of the small external storage devices like the Western Digital Passport or something like that.

This HDD's come without a power plug and I'm asking myself it the base of the camera can handel this. I don't want to carry a big hdd around with me and am looking now for the best solution.

OK, it works with my iPod, but I'm not sure if there is enough space, when I'm on vacation.

AT last i have Y calble and adapter ( 5V 400mA) on hand and other HUB ( external powered 5V 2A with 4 port - each suported 500mA) ..

and my HDD same as your WD passport self powered from usb..

affter hours testing.. i got no success at all .. kill me ...
i have try both using usb adapter provide 400ma then using Hub may have 500ma
in both case the HDD light is up , and i can hear the disk spining .. at last xacti libraly dosent work at all..

( for my bit luckily .. this HDD now can connect to my DVD philip player with Y cable USB and adapter .. so now i can watch DIVX movie on this WD hdd )

Now i'm thinking of ebay this HDD then bring my hd1000 to computer shop for buying other HDD external there with testing direct onsite at the shop

binhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:40 PM   #12

Uhmmmm chear.. at last it work ...
i have come to ebay order one power adapter wich have 1A max and one USB Y cable then now all work ..
here the link of two i tems i got

and supprise that i find out I can use the Y cable with my laptop as the soure for power .... this also great if you dont want to buy adapter

chear man..

binhaus is offline   Reply With Quote