Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 26, 2008, 7:17 AM   #1

I've been lurking these forums and experimenting with my Xacti HD1000 which I love. But it's clear to me that I am far from mastering this camera. Outdoors, anyone with half a testicle can work this thing and shoot beautiful shots but the challenge for me has been indoor shots (low light)

After many failed attempts (I've had this camera for a few weeks but only seriously played with it in the last week), I've resorted to Full Auto mode, which does well indoors (and outdoors). But any manual tweaks I try seems to give me inferior shots and I keep hearing how much better things are with manual settings applied correctly. So my question is... what should I be doing in manual mode? I've tried higher ISO, manual white balance, increasing the EV. What else??!

What frustrates me is that the Xacti deletes all my settings whenever I go into Full Auto mode and which back to manual modes (eg: shortcuts!!!). It's obviously a flaw and I hope Sanyo fix this soon.

So any Xacti HD1000 masters out there willing to share their knowledge?

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a user guide posted (not a review, but a "this is how to make your camera work for you" guide)

MiddleClassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links