Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:29 AM   #1

I've got this cam for months, but I always shot in 720p@60, because I hate interlacing....

Is there some way to shot at 1080p@30, instalead if 1080i@60? (In fact, they are quite the same)

Or can somebody explain me how to do an proper dinterlacing?

I've got VEGAS 7.0e and I created an hd 1080p (Interlacing: None, (progressive Scan)
And I change the fps to 29.970 (NSTC), I import the project, I export it to 1080p@30 with any encoder (I've tried h264, divx, msmpeg4v2 (from ffmpeg) and others, putting them huge ammounts of bitrate (6000, 8000, 10000) and they don't look quite good.

I've donde hte same with the 1080i video and the 720p video (resizing it to 1080), Then I pkayed it in MediaPlayerClassic, and I configured it to view the video in real size (so I only see the central part of it, but it's at real size) you can see the difference here:
1080i screenshot:

720p screenshot: (those squares are there because of the enconding in VEGAS, don't worry about them

Can somebody explain me how to not see this kind of "ghost" trail in the deinterlaced 1080i?

When I deinterlace it on the playback (from the ffvideo menu), I don't see this (in fact, it's almost the same quality as a resized 720p, so I cannot can this "1080" camera)
XoRDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:27 PM   #2

In Vegas under File -> Properties are you choosing a Deinterlace method? That's the main place you have to set it. I use Interpolate Fields and it comes out ok, but there's always quality loss when deinterlacing. So you have to set it there then you have to choose the None (Progressive Scan) option under Field Order in the rendering options.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote